Coverage up to $1,000 in the event your cell phone, smartphone or tablet is lost, stolen, accidentally damaged or experiences mechanical failure5.
How to make a claim
See the Certificate of Mobile Device Insurance (PDF, 173 KB).
Accord D Desjardins
One card, two credit limits
Accord D Desjardins is a free service1 that consists of a second credit limit, separate from your current limit. It is offered with the Coast Visa
Student, Coast Visa Modulo Gold, Coast Visa Elegance Gold, Coast Visa Odyssey Gold and Coast Visa Platinum cards.
Three-Day Travel Insurance
Free of charge for all your trips of three days or less outside your home province. If you travel for more than three days, you can easily extend your coverage for as long as you'd like by contacting the insurer.
Call 1-800-463-1623 or see the Certificate of Insurance (PDF, 389 KB). It contains all travel
insurance conditions and exclusions. Carefully read the section on limitations for pre-existing medical conditions or injuries.
Travel Assistance Service
Access our free Travel Assistance Service 24 hours a day, seven days a week for:
- Traveller information and assistance service.
- Replacement of lost or stolen cards.
From Canada or the U.S.: 1-800-463-1623
From other countries (call collect): (514) 875-9170
Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
Purchase Protection5 provides coverage in the event of loss or damage for 90 days from the purchase date when you use your card to purchase eligible items, up to a maximum of $50,000
per account per year.
Extended Warranty5 coverage automatically doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to 1 additional year when you use your card to purchase most items.
How to make a claim
Log on to make a claim or to view the details of your Assurant insurance policy.
By mail, fax or email
To make a claim, send in the completed claim form with supporting documents.
Credit Card Application
You are not held liable if fraudulent transactions are made to your card account.
How to detect fraud
Check the purchases posted to your Visa account for any unauthorized transaction6. An easy way to do this is to check your statement and balance on AccèsD, available at all times online and over
How to report fraud
Call us at 1-800-363-3380.
Receive a 5 to 20% discount on a short-term car rental at all participating Hertz counters world-wide.
For reservations anywhere in the world:
- For reservations in North America: 1-800-654-3131
- For international reservations: 1-800-654-3001
To take advantage of the discount, simply mention your affiliation with the Coast Visa Elegance Gold business program, when reserving (discount number CDP# 1629632). Then, once on site, present your Hertz identification card.
1. Subject to approval by the credit department.
2. Insurance coverage underwritten by Desjardins Financial Security. This document is provided for information purposes only. For further details, please consult the insurance contracts. Certain conditions and restrictions apply.
3. Offered upon request.
4. This is offer is stipulated in the contract. It is non-cumulative and cannot be combined with any other promotion.
5. Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). ABIC, its subsidiaries, and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant®.
®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant Inc. Details of your insurance coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with your card.
6. See your variable credit contract for the definition of an unauthorized transaction.