Credit Card Application - Instructions
Before completing your application, take a few minutes to read the following information:
- To apply for a card, you must be a Canadian resident and you must have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside.
- Allow between 10 and 30 minutes. (For security purposes, your application form will be automatically terminated after 30 minutes of inactivity.)
- You can verify and modify your responses before submitting the application.
- We suggest that you print your application form before submitting it.
- If you provide a valid e-mail address, you will receive a response by e-mail within 24 hours (business days) of application reception. Otherwise, you will receive the information by mail within 7 to 10 business days.
Have the information you will need to provide on hand:
- Personal information (name, birth date, contact information, social insurance number, number of a valid identity card, etc.)
- Gross income (before taxes)
- Employment situation and information about your employer
- Monthly housing costs (rent or mortgage payments) and places of residence
- Financial information1 about you (bank accounts, other credit cards, property, savings and investments) and your spouse or parent, for a joint application.
- If you make a joint application, your co-applicant must also provide personal financial information.
Please note that all our forms are secure and that the personal information you send is used only for the purpose of responding to your application. Please also note that the card application is only available in English.
Find out more about privacy and security.
For assistance call: 1-800-363-3380.
Fill out the online credit card application
1. Not all information about your financial circumstances or those of your co-applicant must be declared, but providing this information can significantly increase the chances your application will be approved.