Visa payWave card
Coast Visa Desjardins is gradually rolling out new payWave contactless payment technology on its chip cards. For purchases under $100, all you will need to do is wave your Coast Visa card in front of a secure reader.
To see if you have access to this service, check for the symbol on your card1.
How it works
Look for the symbol
Hold your card near the reader
Wait for confirmation that your transaction has been processed
Secure, simple, fast
- Keep your card during the whole transaction; you remain in control of its use.
- No fumbling through your wallet for cash for small transactions.
- No PIN or signature required.
- Payment is made by waving your card near the reader.
- You cannot be billed twice for a purchase.
Where can I use it?
More and more restaurants, gas stations, coffee shops and convenience stores accept this new technology.
See the list of Visa payWave merchant locations1.
You are not held liable if fraudulent transactions are made to your Coast Visa card account.
How to detect fraud
Check the purchases posted to your Coast Visa account for any unauthorized transaction2. An easy way to do this is to check your statement and balance on AccèsD, available at all times online
and over the phone.
How to report fraud
Call us at 1-800-363-3380.
1. Registered trademark of Visa International Service Association, used under licence.
2. See your variable credit contract for the definition of an unauthorized transaction.
* Visa Int./Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec, authorized user.